Monday, December 31, 2012

Keeping the past - 2012

After many happenings, good as well as bad, finally today is 31st December 2012, last day of the year. Now I hope the hoax of 2012 Doomsday is over and Mayan's better corrected their calendar. This is my take on the year 2012, how it was rather it wasn't.

Overall, 2012 was can be categorized as a bad year. Economical slowdown, higher inflations, poor political leadership, collapsed budget, loss many notable people and few of the most tragic incidences. Even Social Networks trended #NoMoreIn2013 listing the things they don't expect to see again. Remarkably this year is marked by growth and dominance of social media platforms in India. Many of the collective movement were crafted & co-ordinated with smart use of social media, which was good and bad both. While from anti-corruption movement to threatening message for North East Indians, social media dominated the news. Additionally, "Anonymous" the hacker group calling themselves 'Hacktivist', demonstrated another way of protest and marking the stand. Now ethics about the same are in doubt, but its indeed something new. That was more of big picture.

image from - smsblaze.com
On personal front, again this was a mixed year. Year started with marriage preparations, which was one of the happiest moment, in my life. Playing the second inning, is challenge, as well as fun, and makes perfect understanding of why there is a phrase, "shaadi ka laddoo". Indeed I am glad, proud & fortunate to have my life-partner. We shared many things together in the past, and now will be there for lifetime.

On professional side, got a great person as a business partner. We together moved to an office, first of its kind for Vikcon. This collaboration is marking some good results and eventually developed into venturing new territories, newer avenues of business and some big decisions together. Now we are looking forward for our stealth startup project, to grow and to launch. Additionally took some tough decisions, to discontinue some services and to add few. This was the year, who gave me a suitable answer who I am, and what I can do, which is a good thing.

To Do list is almost the same as previous year, learning a dance form, mobile app, regular with guitar & blogging are still seating on the top of TO-DO things in 2013. Never-the-less I achieved something this year, can expect everything else to be sorted in Q1 2013. Preferences change over the time, locations, situations and people. Now the top preference is something I never thought of. Looking forward for it. Will keep updating this blog at-least.

Learnt many new things. Most important is about how to decline, reject or say No. Several opportunities missed this year, esp. admission to Adelaide University for my dream, PhD. But when I got a chance, I was at a point of No return and I will never regret my decision. Now I believe in the statement by the great SIR Richard Branson, "Opportunities are like buses - there's always another one coming! "

Wish you all to have great opportunities in coming year. Have a great year 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment